Sunday, April 27, 2008

My passion... Louisiana...

I know part of my calling in life. It is to go to Louisiana and serve the victims of the Katrina hurricanes. yes i know that was like 5 years ago, but believe it or not, things are still not ok down there.I know this is where i am supposed to be because God told me. I have been there twice in the past two years to help. The second time i went, spring break 2007, was when i found out. It was an amazing trip and when it was over i didn't want to leave. When i got back to school i was fighting with myself i wondered why am i here writing a stupid essay when i could be helping those poor people who need it so badly. I contemplated dropping out of college and moving to New Orleans and serving there. I talked to my closest and most trusted friends and family to see what i should do. To my surprise they all told me that they could tell that was my true passion and that i should do it. Even my mom told me that if that was truly what i wanted that i should do it and she would support me 100%. So here i was wanting and ready to leave school to go live in a completely different environment with absolutely no plan, and the approval of my mother. But, i didn't go through with it (obviously). What was holding me back from doing the one thing i wanted more than anything? GOD. I knew that if i was serious about this then i needed to seek the wisdom of GOD. I expected rejection, i expected him to say this is not where you belong, but once again i was pleasantly surprised by the answer i received. GOD told me that that was his plan, but not at that time, he would tell me when to go. so i know i am going i just don't know when.
Lately i have been feeling it, i want to know so bad when! but i need to be patient and trust that GOD will let me know clearly when i am ready. He is revealing more stuff to me about it and even tho it is so scary, it is really cool to be starting to know where my life is going. PEACE!

No comments: